American Ginseng Powder
Product of Canada
North American ginseng (Panax quinquefolius) is a perennial plant in the ivy family that is native to eastern North America and has a long history of use by the Native North Americans. Because of its adaptogenic, immunomodulatory, anti-cancer, cardiovascular, and energy-boosting effects, it is one of the most popular herbs incorporated into Traditional Chinese Medicine.
North American ginseng has been widely studied and has been shown to have several beneficial effects. It has been shown to promote the regulation of blood sugar levels in diabetics and is successful in preventing influenza infection in the elderly. It has also been studied for its ability to enhance libido and sexual performance, although the exact mechanism of action is not yet understood. Recently, the University of Hong Kong identified North American ginseng as having anti-inflammatory effects as well.
– Used for stress, to boost the immune system, and as a general tonic and stimulant.
– Health benefits of ginseng include disease fighting properties. Ginseng is used to treat circulatory problems, asthma, bronchitis and altitude sickness.
– Several studies found that American ginseng lowered blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes.
– Good for overall cardiovascular health.
– Used for treating several brain conditions. It can even slow down the progression of Alzheimer’s; stimulates the nerves; enhances memory and concentration.